What to bring?
To see the elements that the organisation provides, click here. Below is detalied the material that each pilgrim needs to bring:
- Comfortable and resistant footwear (do not wear new shoes).
- Optional: moisturizer, vaseline…
- Sleeping bag
- Tent (in coordination with the members of the chapter). Foreign pilgrims are not required to bring it.
SMALL PILGRIMAGE BAG
This backpack will be used for walking. It should carry:
- Food for the day.
- Energy food: cereal bars, chocolate, nuts, candy, etc.).
- Coat (it could be cold in the morning).
- Outdoor dinnerware set (deep plate, cutlery, cup).
- Water bottle.
- Toilet paper.
- Hat and sun protection.
- Medication for headache, muscle aches, etc. (painkillers, plasters, bandages).
- Pilgrim’s book (provided by NSC).
- Personal documentation.
To be carried by the Organization from one camp to another. It should carry:
- Food that will not be consumed during the day.
- Lightweight shoes for the camp.
- Spare clothes (no excesses).
- Personal hygiene items and light towel. It is recommended to bring wet wipes.
- First aid kit for blisters (nurses will only attend severe cases)
It is essential to mark belongings with name and colored ribbon of the chapter.
Do not tie items to the large backpack, but prepare it in a compact way to avoid misplacements.
Try to use your cell phone as little as possible. There will be no plugs in the camps to recharge them.